- The Benefits of CLEAT Membership
As the largest police officers’ union in Texas, the largest legal services provider in the state specializing in representing law enforcement officers, and the largest confederation of local police officers’ associations in Texas, CLEAT is the state’s most powerful advocate for the rights of law enforcement professionals. We provide a broad range of benefits, including:
- Effective legal representation. Not only do we fight hard for our members, but we pay 100% of the costs associated with representing a member during internal investigations and disciplinary appeals (including arbitration fees). We also pay 100% of the costs associated with defending a member against criminal charges that resulted from the member’s performance of official duties. In addition, we pursue affirmative litigation to enforce the provisions of local and/or state law when the public employer fails to comply with those laws.
- Political action. We provide expert political assistance to members and affiliated local associations in preparing for and winning local elections for civil service, collective bargaining and pay raise referendums. Our staff of full-time lobbyists give thousands of law enforcement officers the strongest possible voice in Austin.
- Field services. Regional representation by our full-time labor relations staff assists members and associations on a wide variety of collective bargaining and labor-related negotiations issues. We also provide assistance to members wishing to form a local association, including preparation and filing of state-required documents.
Beyond these major areas, CLEAT provides a range of additional benefits, including:
- $11,500 line of duty death benefit
- Support for public recognition of the contributions made by all law enforcement officers through the Texas Peace Officers Memorial Foundation (POMF)
- Preferred Providers Business relationships
- Family assistance for families of officers killed in the line of duty.
- College scholarships provided through POMF.
Membership means access to benefits and protection to you and your family. At only $30 per month, this is the most powerful protection you can find in Texas. Join today!